Overview[edit | edit source]
The Arcane Tower is a fundamental defensive tower for civilizations and residents alike, The Arcane Tower automatically fires upon players who are outlaws or members from hostile or at war city-states/civs. It is safe and cost effective, however it may not deter a large group of enemies, with the correct placement and consideration, this Tower can be the ultimate defense when fighting all out warfare in significant locations, Defending Wonder Towns or Capitols.
Arcane Towers use a lightning strike ability as projectiles that will not only catch one on fire, but also give enemies negative potion effects, which include, but are not limited to: slowness, wither, neusae, weakness, poison and blindness.
The tower has a default range of 160 blocks. Specifically, it's range is sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2) where x, y, and z are the difference between the arrow tower's nearest "fire point" and the player.
Single enemies can be outlawed too your personal Arrow tower with the /civ outlaw add <NAME> command.
Entire Civilizations can be fired upon by your entire civilization's defenses by declaring their civilization HOSTILE.
- The base damage of the arrow tower is 1.
- Tower range is 160.
- Must be 165 blocks from other Arcane Towers.
- 2.5 second fire rate.
Advantages of the Arcane Tower[edit | edit source]
- The Arcane Tower is fairly accurate.
- Gives random potion effects.
- Does not do any friendly fire damage.
Disadvantages of the Arcane Tower[edit | edit source]
- Only targets one player at a time.
- Cannot do damage through blocks, making tunnels and trenches effective against it.
- Has a slow fire rate.
- Only can be upgraded via technology.